Child Abuse And Child Endangerment | Resources
Child Endangerment And Abuse Cases Require The Help Of An L.A. Attorney
Parenting requires equal parts patience and perseverance. However, sometimes even ample amounts of these qualities don’t deter parents who are abusive or criminally neglectful of their children.
Other times, mistakes or accidents look like instances of abuse or endangerment, when in reality, you did nothing wrong in parenting your children. In these cases, you need the help of an experienced and aggressive Los Angeles criminal defense attorney to prove your innocence.
California child endangerment falls under penal code 273(a), which stipulates that you have committed a crime if you meet any of the following standards:
- You willfully inflicted unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering on a child or allowed another person to do so.
- You allowed a child to suffer injury that could have been prevented.
- You allowed or caused a child to be in a situation where his or her health or body was in danger.
The punishment for California child abuse, whether charged as a misdemeanor or felony, can include:
- A prison term of up to six years
- Fines up to $10,000
- A possible strike against you on your criminal record
These are hefty penalties for anyone to handle, especially if you believe that you have been wrongly accused or portrayed. It is important that you fight the charges and exercise your sacred right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.