Hermosa Beach Criminal Defense Lawyer
Welcome to Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP, your trusted source for criminal defense services in Hermosa Beach, CA, and all surrounding areas. If you or a loved one are facing criminal charges, our team of experienced criminal defense attorneys can help guide this difficult time in your life towards the greatest possible resolution by providing you with strong legal representation and key guidance throughout your case.
At Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP, we understand the anxiety and uncertainty that come along with criminal charges. Your case can feel like a massive weight pressing down on you, making every aspect of your life more difficult until it’s fully resolved. Our mission is straightforward: protect your rights, fight for justice, and use all available legal tools to steer your case towards the most optimal outcome. By leveraging our extensive knowledge, skills, and dedication to our clients to create a record of success both in court and at the negotiating table, we have earned a reputation for delivering effective defense strategies and great results for our clients throughout Hermosa Beach and the surrounding areas.
Call us at (310) 361-3068 or contact us online today to set up a free consultation.
Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP: Powerful Defense for Any Situation
Navigating California’s confusing legal system can be overwhelming for anyone, and that stress and anxiety are only compounded for someone facing criminal charges. At Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP, we believe in providing you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your case and your defense strategy.
Each case is unique, so it is essential to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney who is willing to take the time to understand your case and, in turn, give you tailored advice and high-quality guidance based on your specific circumstances. At Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP, we are here to address your concerns, protect your rights, and provide you with the highest level of legal representation throughout your criminal case. Contact us today for a confidential and judgment-free consultation.
"Character, class, calculated, charm, and charisma are words that describe Robert."I cannot thank Robert enough for his efforts, knowledge, and execution in my case. He gave me a second chance.- Kevin Q.
"I trust this powerful team with my life, because they have saved it time and time again."Michelle has had a profound impact on my life. She not only has a firm grasp of legal matters, but also of human emotions. This dynamic duo worked all hours of the day and night on my case. They exerted effort way beyond the amount that I had paid them.- Khadijeh K.
"No other lawyer will have more integrity than Mr. Ernenwein."He has been there with me in the hardest of times. No other lawyer will have more integrity than Mr. Ernenwein.- Christopher G.
"Thank you for being our family’s advocate and the best lawyer that we could have asked for!"Now, my brother is able to FINALLY move on with his life and utilize the education he acquired and work in a field where he will be able to succeed.- Carol L.
"I can’t say enough about how grateful we are and how fortunate we were that someone we trusted recommended him to us."The respect from his many years of experience and integrity in his community is for certain why we are whole again today.- Karen D.
"5 stars across the board."If you are in need of a great attorney with an abundance of experience as well as a very professional office staff who constantly will keep you updated, call Ernenwein & Mathes!- Jake L.
"Top notch legal counsel and representation."They are the gold standard for defense attorneys. A+- Former Client
"From the moment we met Robert and shook his hand, he made us feel at ease."When you need an attorney, do yourself a favor an call Robert Ernenewein. I’m so glad we did.- Krystine R.
The Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP, Difference
For high-stakes criminal cases, having a skilled and knowledgeable attorney to help you can make all the difference. Just about any attorney in business will offer you criminal defense services, for a fee, but there are clear advantages to working with a trusted and reputable firm that focuses on criminal defense:
- Extensive Experience: Our team has a wealth of real-world experience in criminal defense, handling a wide array of complex and highly sensitive criminal cases in Hermosa Beach and beyond. Our law firm has a strong record of success in mitigating consequences and securing great outcomes for clients facing criminal charges.
- Personalized Advocacy and Strategies: We know that every case is unique. Our attorneys take the time to listen to your side of the story, even if it seems like no one else wants to. We don’t start to deploy any legal strategy until we fully understand your situation and your goals in seeking legal counsel.
- Responsive and Supportive Legal Help: We prioritize clear communication and client collaboration to ensure that you are informed and feel truly supported from end to end throughout the legal process.
- Courtroom Savvy: We can defend your rights through any legal tools at our disposal, and that means we are not afraid to go to trial when that course is in your interests. We can fiercely advocate for you both inside and outside of the courtroom in every phase of this process.
If you are facing criminal charges in Hermosa Beach, CA, or the surrounding areas, don’t face California’s legal system alone. You cannot afford to leave your fate in the hands of an overworked public defender who is unable to offer an in-depth, personalized defense. Instead, contact Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP, today for a confidential consultation with a highly skilled criminal defense attorney. We can fight relentlessly on your behalf because your rights, your freedom, and your future are our top priorities. We know that people do not deserve to be defined by their worst moments, and we can work tirelessly to mitigate the consequences of even the most serious cases.
Professional Criminal Defense Services
When navigating the complexities of criminal law in California, having a seasoned criminal defense attorney by your side can be absolutely crucial. At Ernenwein & Mathes, LLP, we focus on providing comprehensive legal services in various criminal defense situations, including:
- DUI Defense: Our legal team has vast experience and a record of success defending clients who have been charged with DUI (“driving under the influence”, i.e., operating a vehicle after using drugs or alcohol) offenses. We can meticulously analyze all evidence brought against you and aggressively pursue any weaknesses in it as we fight to minimize the consequences of a DUI conviction or get wrongful charges dropped.
- Sex Crimes Defense: The sensitivity and gravity of sex crime charges are difficult to overstate. Our work begins with a compassionate, and judgment-free, consultation of your circumstances. From there, our attorneys can handle your case with the utmost discretion and work diligently to build a strong defense, protecting both your rights and your reputation.
- Drug Crimes: Our skilled attorneys have also successfully represented clients facing charges related to drug possession, distribution, manufacturing, and trafficking. We take an assertive approach to drug crime defense, exploring all possible defense strategies and looking for elements like unlawful search and seizure, procedural errors, or unreliable witnesses that can be used to undermine the state’s case and, in turn, lead to a better outcome for you.
- Theft and Property Crimes: If you have been accused of theft, burglary, robbery, or some other property-related offenses, our dedicated criminal defense team can thoroughly examine the evidence against you to develop a robust defense strategy that is custom-tailored to the unique circumstances of the case.
- Violent Crimes: California takes charges like assault, battery, homicide, or any other violent crime extremely seriously. In these cases, you need experienced attorneys who can aggressively protect your rights. In these troubled times, take comfort in knowing that our team has proven its ability to achieve favorable outcomes in complex and high-stakes criminal cases.
Criminal Defense Lawyer FAQs
Q: Should I Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer for Criminal Charges in Hermosa Beach?
A: Absolutely. When facing criminal charges, it can be crucial to have a skilled criminal defense lawyer by your side, even in situations where you personally believe the evidence exonerating you is undeniable. Remember, prosecutors and police are powerful and skilled at their jobs in our state, while public defenders are spread extremely thin and must often lean on their good working relationship with their local court system rather than taking the time to create a strong and viable defense strategy. A qualified, privately hired defense attorney has the knowledge and experience to:
- Analyze the details of your case.
- Develop a strong defense strategy.
- Navigate the legal process.
- Negotiate effectively with prosecutors.
- Protect your rights throughout each step of the proceedings.
Q: Should You Tell Your Criminal Defense Lawyer Everything?
A: Yes, it is essential to be open and honest with any legal representation you choose to work with. Attorney-client privilege ensures that the information you disclose to your lawyer remains confidential. By sharing all the details of your case, including any potential weaknesses, you enable your lawyer to develop the most effective defense strategy and prepare for any possible turns the case may take. Withholding information can seriously hinder your attorney’s ability to protect your rights and, in the worst cases, undermine your entire defense strategy.
Q: At What Point Should I Ask for a Defense Attorney?
A: It is wise to ask for a lawyer as soon as you become aware that you are a suspect in a criminal case, or, lacking that opportunity, when you are formally told that you are facing criminal charges. Regardless of whatever attitude police officers give you, remember that it is your inalienable constitutional right to have legal representation during any interactions with law enforcement or state officials. Requesting a lawyer early in the process ensures that everyone involved knows you understand your rights, which, in turn, makes it more likely that those rights will be respected from the outset. Getting a lawyer as an early step in the process means that your lawyer can:
- Guide you through the entire situation from end to end.
- Advise you on what to say or not to say.
- Ensure that your interests are safeguarded during every interaction with state authorities.
Q: Do You Have to Pay for a Public Defender in California?
A: Thanks to powerful protections in the United States Constitution, public defenders are available to individuals who cannot afford to hire private legal representation. In California, if you meet certain financial eligibility criteria, you will be eligible for a public defender, either at no cost or at a reduced fee. Public defenders are dedicated professionals who provide legal representation to many citizens who would otherwise be unable to afford a lawyer. However, it is important to note that public defenders often have heavy caseloads that limit their effectiveness in cases requiring a truly personalized touch. Hiring a private criminal defense lawyer can typically give you access to far more personalized attention and resources.
Our clients have direct communication with their legal team from start to finish.
Attorney Robert Ernenwein is a certified specialist in criminal law, by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization.
Our team has decades of experience and a strong track record of success.
We have experience on both sides of the courtroom.
Work with a criminal defense attorney who speaks your language.
Learn how our defense lawyers can help during a free consult.